Jira Server Essentials
Half-day hands-on Atlassian training
How do you get started using Jira? How will it help you with your work and help your team collaborate? If you have these or similar questions, then this course is for you.
In this course, you’ll learn about the three Jira products: Jira Core, Jira Software and Jira Service Desk. You’ll get comfortable with Jira through hands-on experience performing the most common tasks, working through real-life scenarios on a preconfigured instance of Jira.
You’ll learn who typically performs which tasks and why, by experiencing Jira through different user roles. You’ll also learn the basics of managing and tracking team issues and projects.
Attendees are welcome to bring questions or challenges from their own background.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Create a Jira issue and progress it through the workflow
- Monitor the issue status as it flows through the workflow using search
- Describe how issues are organized in Jira
- Save a search to simplify status requests
- Modify existing issues, changing priority and assignees
- Update multiple issues in one operation to align with changing business requirements
- Create Pie Chart reports to communicate user utilization and issue complexity
- Communicate progress of project tasks using the Jira dashboard
- Submit service desk request using the Customer Portal
- Organize service desk requests using queues
- Move agile software development issues through the workflow using a Scrum board
- Communicate project process using agile specific reports
Trainees will receive an official certificate of attendance upon completion.
We recommend that you combine this course with the other half-day course on Getting started with Jira Software.