Introduction to Docker
Two-day, on-site or classroom-based training
This course introduces you to the Docker platform and takes you through installing, integrating and running it in your working environment.
We’ll explain why Docker exists and why you should care about it. Then we’ll take you through a variety of hands-on exercises designed to help you quickly grow from a beginner to a seasoned user.
- Installing the Docker Engine
- Creating your first Docker container
- Building Docker images
- Storing and retrieving Docker images from Docker Hub
- Building containers from images
- Using Docker for sandboxing and testing
- Deploying applications with Docker
By the end of the course you will be familiar with the “why” of Docker. You will also be able to perform the basic tasks needed to get started with Docker and integrate it into your working environment.
Trainees will receive an official certificate of attendance from Docker, Inc. upon completion.