Continuous Delivery with Containers
One-day, on-site or classroom-based training
This full day workshop will introduce you to docker and give you hands-on experience with setting up a continuous delivery pipeline with docker containers. You will learn to define images for build and runtime, use them as part of your continuous integration setup, and deploy them automatically.
This will all be done in a lab environment and you are expected to bring a laptop. Prepare to get your hands dirty!
Attendees will learn and understand:
- What docker is and how to use it in software development
- An understanding of how to build docker images
- How to use docker images in a jenkins CI server
- How to share your images with docker hub and docker registry
- How to spin up a continuous delivery environment using docker containers
- Installing the Docker Engine
- Creating your first Docker container
- Building Docker images
- Storing and retrieving Docker images from Docker Hub
- Building containers from images
- Using Docker for sandboxing and testing
- Automatically creating a container-based build pipeline
- Deploying applications with Docker
By the end of the course you will be familiar with the “why” of Docker. You will also be able to perform the basic tasks needed to get started with Docker and integrate it into your development process.